If you own a website, the term content marketing should be a familiar one to you. Content marketing makes use of blogs, podcasts, video, and social media as marketing vehicles to spread your reach, message, and brand. Out of these four marketing vehicles, podcasting is, perhaps the most underrated.
So what are the benefits of podcasting? Here are just a few:
- Podcasts are easier than video: That’s right! All you need to get started is a microphone and a laptop. No lighting, cameras, crew. It can be as simple as you, a microphone, and your message.
- Podcasts are personal: A podcast will get you and your message out from behind your website to help connect with your audience. When people can hear your voice, it leads to trust-building much more quickly than through the written word.
- Podcasts are easily consumed: Unlike video, blogs, or social media, people can listen to your podcast while doing other things; cooking dinner, working, driving, or even exercising!
- Podcasts blend beautifully with your other content marketing vehicles: Embed your podcast into your blog, take the next step and add video to your podcast, announce your podcast on social media, It’s a great way to reach your audience.
How Do I Get Started?
All you need to make a podcast is a microphone and recording software. If you are on a Mac, Garageband is already set-up for podcasting. There are several ways to get the podcast out and syndicated. Here is more information on exactly how to get started: The Power of Podcasting
Latest posts by Derek Grimm (see all)
- 3 Ways to Kickstart Your Digital Marketing Strategy - August 1, 2016
- You Should Be Split Testing! Here’s Why - July 11, 2016
- Why You Should Be Using Gravatar - July 4, 2016